About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

It’s a Wonderful Life with MinnPost

If you’re one of the handful of people who hasn’t seen the Frank Capra classic, I’m going to talk about the movie’s ending – so don’t read any further.
But if you read MinnPost, think of how it has enriched your life.
My passion is politics. As a writer/legislative monitor for The UpTake, I relied on MinnPost as a Cliffs Notes of sorts to Minnesota politics, an instant civics lesson that filled in the cracks of what I was supposed to know but didn't.
MinnPost is a one-stop shop of all things Minnesotan: business, arts, sports, health and science, community voices. Think of it as the Ralph's Pretty Good Grocery of Minnesota news: if MinnPost doesn't have it, you probably don't need it.
If you enjoy blogs, you’ll find the best in the state in MinnPost’s Blog Cabin Program—the fact that I’m there still makes me shake my head in amazement.
For readers of serious, high-quality journalism, MinnPost makes it a wonderful life.
And like George Bailey, MinnPost needs help. Their wish is for $30,000 by December 22. Your contribution is also your opportunity to say what you wish to see in MinnPost in 2011. If your comment is among the most clever and incisive, MinnPost will publish it.
So this is the point when we virtual neighbors come together to collect a wicker laundry basket overflowing with money, as did the residents of Bedford Falls.
Whether you can afford to wire a blank check as did tycoon Sam Wainright, bust open the jukebox as did bartender Martini, or part with $17.50 as kind and frugal Miss Davis might, it’s all good. All appreciated. And all for a wonderful cause.
Thank you. And hee-haw!





It's a Wonderful Life photo credits: Visitottawakansas.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics