About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

Off the Grid but Not by Choice

I hope my friends in Minnesota made it through last night's storms without any damage. We have an off-the-grid lifestyle on the farm, but last night being off the grid wasn't by choice. There was a power outage, which meant the 1951 Sears incubator had no heat for about two hours. And the chicks residing in an improvised brooder (a cooler) in our dining room were without their heat lamp. We placed a towel over the top of the cooler to trap whatever warmth was there and hoped for the best. The chicks made it through the night and are chittering away. The verdict should be in on the eggs in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics