About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

Into the winter woods

One hundred feet into the woods looks like 100 miles into the woods. The tree branches are weighted down with snow and hang so low that they've literally obliterated the well-cleared path. I do my best to find my way in, figuring I can follow my footprints back, but head back home before long. The way my dog Jerry runs around, joyously plowing through the deep snow, it's not always clear where my footprints are. So I turn around before I get lost in this Narnia-like ice cave. At one degree below zero, it seems like the thing to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics