About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

The Maricle of Birth Center


Minnesotans love the State Fair. Some go for the food, others like the rides, others head for the Fine Arts Building. For many people, the fair is all about the animals. Each generation gets further away from having rural roots. At one time, it was unusual not to have grandparents who lived on a farm. That meant everyone was able to experience the birth of a calf, a foal, or baby goats. That's what makes the CHS Miracle of Birth Center at the State Fair a delight for young and not-so-young alike.

Inside the barn at the Maricle farm, we've been privileged to witness several births. These photos are from several years ago. Consider them your private showing of the Maricle of Birth Center. No crowds, no waiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics