About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

When a blog post speaks to you

I regularly enjoy the blogging of Brandon Lacy Campos. I first heard of him when we were on a Minneapolis Issues listserv. No one can do righteous political anger like Brandon. He can be jaw-droppingly outrageous and side-splittingly hilarious, like the TV show we both enjoy, Family Guy. His cooking blog, The Fairy Chef, is billed as “a grassroots culinary experience for broke folks that want to eat well.” (I have tsk-tsked Brandon’s use of words like fairy and queer, but Brandon is a force of nature. No one tells him what to do, except his dog Mimzy.)

A recent post of Brandon’s spoke to me, and it wouldn’t stop talking until I answered it with my own post. You’ll find it here. Regular readers will note there’s language that doesn’t usually appear in my posts. Like Grandma, I’m mortified and pleased all at once. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics