About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

The Economy's Sick. Up Its Meds.

I am a hobbyist homeopath. Based on the principle of "like cures like," homeopathy is the practice of treating illnesses by using trace amounts of the substance that caused the illness.

Say your allergies are acting up and your eyes are streaming as if you've been chopping onions. Tablets of allium cepa, or red onion, are recommended. If you can't sleep at night, reach for tablets of coffea.

There are hundreds of homeopathic treatments in all. They range in potency from a low of 6X  to a high of 200c, which are administered by skilled and licensed homeopaths.  I have a kit of 36 6X remedies at home. The kit cost $96 and has saved our family hundreds of dollars in urgent care visits, doctor's office visits, and even veterinary visits. When the nearest doctor is half an hour away and a greater share of healthcare expenses are paid out of pocket—assuming you have health insurance to begin with—homeopathy is worth considering.

Watch any TV commercial for a pharmaceutical and notice the long list of possible side effects. If you take the wrong homeopathic tablet for an ailment, the only side effect is nothing happens.

Homeopathy has its detractors, mainly people who practice traditional or allopathic medicine. A few years ago I was talking to a licensed homeopath about remedies I could recommend for a good friend's illness. The homeopath advised against the idea. She said if the remedy was incorrect or if the dosage was too low, people would say "See, homeopathy doesn't work."

A similar scenario is playing out with the U.S. economy. Some people say the stimulus didn't work because it was too small. Others say it didn't work because they don't like who's administering it. Count me in the first camp. The economy's sick. Up its meds. Stat!

Learn more about homeopathy from a homeopathic educator and published author.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics