About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

How Do You Catch and Cook a Turkey?

Every November the Askov American asks area kindergarten teachers to pose the above question to their classes. Reading the answers aloud on the day before Thanksgiving has become a tradition in our family. As a Thanksgiving greeting I wanted to share some with you. The students are from Finlayson, Willow River, and East Central Elementary Schools.

Wyatt: I would catch it with a turkey catcher. Then I would take the hair off and put it in a pan and cook it for 5 min.

Kaleb: I would jump off a tree and catch him with a net and then he trips and says “hey don’t do that.” And then I’ll roast him in the oven. Then he’ll get all burnt up and hot and his fur would come off. And then you take him out and he is all roasted and then you eat him up.

David: I would be in a deer stand in a tree and then set a trap with worms. And then he would go in to eat the worms and the string would shut the door and he would be stuck inside. I would get out of the deer stand and grab the turkey and take it home and eat it.

Ethan: I would catch him with a playing net by catching him when I saw him. I would cook it up. And then make turkey soup. Then turn it into a transformer because I want it to be a robot that is like Optimus prime that turns into a semi-truck.

Seth: I will catch a turkey with a horse. I will grab onto him. Cook him in the stove – give him a shot – for 10 hours. Eat him with my friend, all of it. I will have potatoes, green beans, corn and chicken.

Marisol: Catch it in your hand and cook it in the urn.

Johnathin: My dad shoots them sometimes. I would put it in the stove. Then we take it out. We wait until people come that we know and we eat it.

Lyndee: Quick run and catch it with my big net and then catch another one. First cut it up and put it in a pan. Put it on a stove and flip it in the air. Put it on a plate until it gets warmer. Then sit at the table and bring all the food to eat because we are hungry!

Erik: I would set my dog out to go hunt for the turkey. He catches it. I will cut off the head and put it in the oven. Very hot oven for 2,100 minutes. When it’s done I will take it out. I will say Mom, do you want that turkey to eat?

Regardless of how you catch and cook your turkey, enjoy!



To subscribe to the weekly Askov American, call 320-838-3151 or e-mail askovamerican@scicable.com. The annual subscription rate is $28 in Pine County or $34 outside of Pine County.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics