About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

Turn Bargain Berries into Drinkable Berries

Nancy at Rivertree kitchen not only creates great recipes,
she does great photography.
The local supermarket (local meaning 25 miles away) has every berry imaginable on sale this week: six containers for $10. (All were pints except for the raspberries, which came in 8-ounce packages.) I loaded up on strawberries yesterday, and came back for raspberries today, thinking I would freeze them, then realizing I'd never get around to it.

This strawberry sorbet recipe by Nancy at Rivertree kitchen gave me the solution, not to mention a mouth-watering heading. My blender has been going nonstop, and the freezer is filled with homemade strawberry and raspberry frozen juice bars for the steamy weekend. Plus, there were plenty of berries to bring to the local food shelf.

Got bargain berries? Give Rivertree kitchen a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics