About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

Blogging Between the Raindrops

Note: When I exported my blog posts some of the photos made a left turn at Albuquerque. I'm re-publishing those posts with photos intact. This one is from August 2010. Since then, David Swanson launched his design services Web site. Check it out!

Nothing sharpens your blogging skills like frequent thunderstorms and a telephone connection that's susceptible to lightning strikes.
My friend David Swanson, when I'd call in from my farm to discuss a creative project, would ask if I was calling from the top of a telephone pole. (Green Acres fans will get the reference.) Sometimes it feels that way. But once struck, twice shy. Several years ago our modem fried out in a thunderstorm and it took eighteen days for a repair crew to replace it. So what if I feel like my grandmother, who unplugged every electrical device in the house during thunderstorms. Elders have wisdom.

But the upside is, frequent thunderstorms bring frequent rainbows. And I've learned to blog faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics