About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

Bloggers of a Feather Flock Together

Friday Feather Party

This has been a significant week for Poultry & Prose. Reblogs and retweets and referrals, links and likes, and comments.

The latest Poultry & Prose follower is Greg’s Eggs, via Vinton McCabe. (Like my chicken coop, Greg's blog is under construction. Watch for it this month.) While life pulls me in as many directions as Jerry on a walk, Greg’s follow reminded me that poultry is the heart of this blog. Because chickens have been disappearing on the farm and scarce on the blog, I’ll be starting a series called Poultry I Have Known and Loved. In the past 10 years we’ve raised many chickens, turkeys, ducks, and even geese whose memory outlives them. In the case of one turkey, I still tear up whenever I hear a particular song on the radio.

Friday Feather Party will be the day I thank everyone who has helped this small flock grow during the past week.

Martha Garvey's My Fat Cat

Deb's Sand Creek Almanac

Vinton McCabe's blog

Carolyn's Roundtop Ruminations

Tripawds.com

Check them out and give them a follow if you like what you see! And have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics