About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

Turkey theme song? This is it!




Turkeys never fail to make me smile. They carry themselves in a dignified yet comical fashion. Maybe it's the befuddled expression that does it for me.

This morning I picked my 13-year-old son Wyatt up from a sleepover. County Road 43 is a two-lane back road that twists through the woods of northern Pine County. It's a road that sees plenty of wildlife traffic and just enough automotive traffic to cull the population. I maneuvered around a dead raccoon here, a dead skunk there.

On the eastbound route home, driving into the morning sun added to the challenge of navigating curves and wildlife. (Deer are entering their rutting, or mating season, which means they dart across the road more often than usual.  Safe driving tips  from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources  will help you avoid them.)

WildTurkeyWalk As I turned a curve against the sunlight I saw a single file of turkeys crossing the road. The classic rock radio station was playing Dire Straits'  "Walk of Life."

The bebopping instrumental and the head bobbing of the turkeys couldn't have been timed better if choreographed!



Flickr photo credits: Sage, Sarah B. in SD




No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics