About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

The Rural Broadband Bermuda Triangle

This map from Jaguar Communications (Owatonna, MN) illustrates the "Broadband Bermuda Triangle" that we'll be in. Look in the section that's bordered on top by the four blue circles (representing wireless internet), on the left by the big green squiggle (serviceable fiber), and on the right by the small yellow blob (DSL and telephone). We're right in the middle of the middle section. Maybe in time DSL or Wi-Fi will be extended. But for now, it is what it is.


Matt Larsen at WirelessCowboys.com wrote an evocative post and picture essay about the possibilities of rural broadband. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics