About Me

Twenty years ago I asked a Tarot card reader what would I be doing when I was 50. She replied, “I see you doing something so wildly creative, it defies a job title.” Only recently did I realize that was a slick way of saying, “I have no idea of what you’ll be doing.” But that prediction kept me charging ahead to the fifties with zeal and anticipation. Now that the future is today, I’m ready for anything!

The 12 Days of Recount: Complete!

Twelve days ago I started goofing around with the lyrics to The Twelve Days of Christmas, rewritten for each day of the 2010 Minnesota election recount. The actual recount of ballots ended on December 4, but having gotten the lyrical ball rolling, I couldn't stop it. The song was popular on my Facebook page so I thought I'd share the completed version here.

On the 12th day of recount my true love gave to me,

12 batons a-passing, 

11 Dems a-cheering,

10 pols conceding,

9 bloggers scooping,

8 pundits spinning,

7 lawyers grousing,

6 judges ruling,

FIIIIIVE OVALS FILLLLED...

4 calls at table,

3 stray marks,

2 overvotes

& a challenge made fri-vo-lous-ly.

What to say for the twelfth day required serious mulling over, but the answer came from the title of this video by Craig Stellmacher for The UpTake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics